With summer at its peak, we need to take extra care of our personal hygiene since the weather of Mumbai makes us sweat like crazy and the humidity severely affects our skin. While we have so many awareness campaigns talking about sun protection, skin protection and hydration, no one openly talks about intimate washes for women for keeping their pubic area clean and infection free, which is a bigger concern in summer. It is a topic that is still not widely spoken just like our periods despite the progressive route we claim to be taking in our Indian culture.
Now you may ask why is an intimate wash important and why can't soaps or body washes serve the purpose? Well for a woman it is important to maintain a balance between the 3 chemical elements present in the vagina i.e. glycogen, good bacteria and lactic acid. Lactic acid is the most important as it maintains the pH(alkaline) levels of her pubic area that protect from infections, irritation and dryness. Intimate washes are specially created to maintain that balance and since the pubic area is a delicate region, the wash for it needs to be gentler than regular soaps and body washes meant for the rest of our body. They also help to avoid unpleasant odour, itching due to heat and sweat.
The intimate wash has vital Ayurvedic recipe natural ingredients like Lime, Rosemary, Neem, Sage, Aloe, Thyme, Vetiver and Bisabolol. It is a chemical free cleansing wash for your intimate area that helps you to maintain a healthy pH level of the vagina. As it says chemical free, it means it does not contain SLES(Sulfate), Nitrosamine, Paraben and Soap. However it contains mild baby care product surfactant to have a gentle foaming effect like baby skincare products. The product has been tested and recommended by gynecologists and dermatologists as it maintains the ideal pH level of 3.5 – 4.5.
This was all about the product, but you should also know more about its how to use it and when to use it in detail:
- Use it once a day.
- Take a few drops on your palm, lather on intimate areas and rinse off with water.
- Everyday usage is ideal to maintain the hygiene, health of your pubic area, day long freshness and lubrication.
- Using an intimate wash during your periods is also very important because that is the time when your body sheds blood and tissues and vaginal cleanliness is really important.
- If you are a new mother and have had a vaginal birth then after the stitches heal, using the intimate wash helps maintain cleanliness since the bleeding goes on for over a month.
- You also need to keep your pubic area clean before and after sexual intercourse in order to avoid bacteria transmissions which may lead to urinary tract infections and other issues.
The more natural the better it is, is what I believe in, so switching over to the Medimix Ayurvedic Intimate Hygiene Wash is the decision I have made. The packaging is simple yet leak proof with a press top and it is very convenient to carry when you travel. It costs INR 150/- for 100 ml and is easily available online and in the drugstores. Women please do go try it out and let me know what you think especially it is going to be your first experience using an intimate wash using the hashtag #MedimixAyurvedicIntimateHygieneWash in the comments below or on any of my social media,
If you like what you see on Ri(t)ch Styles and want to stay updated regularly, follow Ri(t)ch Styles on