A Sequin Dress - I had been desiring one since ages, but I also knew that I never wanted to take the chance of ending up looking cheap and tacky. Most times that's what a look ends up in. Mainly because either people don't buy the right dress, or they don't accessorise properly. So when at the recent MANGO sale I saw this perfect sequin dress, I knew I had to have it at that very moment! One for the copper colour, two for the way it fits like a dream without poking(comfort is very important for me) and three for the pretty looking contrasting sequin work over the base sequins. Getting it was like a dream come true!
I wore it to the recent TONI&GUY Hair Meet Wardrobe Official India Launch and the compliments never stopped flowing. I'm glad to have found that one dress that has finally ended my long long search.
Dress - MANGO
Black Crocodile skin textured sling purse - KAZO
I am a sucker for deep backs!
So what is it that one needs to keep in mind while wearing a Sequin Dress? Let's run you through some quick tips:
- Don't load yourself with jewellery - Since you are already going to be making a shiny statement due to the sequins, jewellery should be minimalistic. A ring or two, a bracelet or a watch(you can even avoid this) and simple earrings like solitaires will do the trick.
- Stick to one sequinned item in the look - Overdoing sequins is a fashion faux pas, so stick to just the sequin dress as you do not want to ruin its effect and keep the accessories neutral or solid coloured to balance the look.
- Use textures in accessories - For your shoes and purse think suede, patent leather, patterned leather (like my cut-out peep toes and crocodile skin textured sling purse) as they all can work very well to aesthetically amplify your look.
- Choose your inner wear carefully - Sequins reflect light, so you surely don't want any bulges under your dress. Bulges will look bigger when they are shimmering. Wear seamless undergarments for a smooth look. You can also choose well fitting shape-wear that can give your dress a sleek appearance.
- Keep the make-up subtle - A pop of colour on your lips, a light eye shadow and some kohl and mascara and that's it!
After keeping all of this in mind, all you need is to add your natural sparkle to the outfit - Your Confident Smile and you are set! :)
So would you dare to wear a sequin dress?