This post is on a trend that I am in awe of - Nude coloured outfits! Barely there colours like nude, off white, cream and beige are a rage these days. With the trend starting to pick up since the second half of 2010, its a hot favourite right now. Summer 2011 saw nude in various materials like chiffon, crepe, georgette, silk and also in various combinations with metallic colour embellishments and with shimmer and glitter.
When PS decided to buy me a dress on my birthday last year, I was very clear in my head that I wanted a nude coloured dress. A trend that was just picking up at that time, I was sure that I had to have one! The best part was that we didn't have to put in too many efforts to find one :-) Forever New was the first store we entered and there in front of my eyes was this ideal layered ruffled dress which I knew that very minute was going to be mine :-D My birthday was perfect with me wearing this chic dress to dinner. I accessorised it with a gold clutch, a gold and silver multi layered necklace and chose cream coloured open toe cross woven stilettos for my happy feet :-)
Dress - Forever New
Gold Clutch - Local Store in Mumbai
Open toe cross woven stilettos - Charles & Keith
Keep in mind a few things when you buy a nude coloured outfit:
- A nude outfit looks best when it is a shade different than the wearer's skin tone
- Stick to metallic/neutral accessories to avoid the attention being drawn away from the outfit or at the most red/black if you want a little contrast
- In case the outfit has any bright colours used, then think of using accessories in that particular colour
- Make up for the day should be earthy tones for the eyes and shimmery lip gloss for the lips and for the night should be metallic/pinkish shades for the eyes and red/pink glossy lipstick for the lips.
- Most important - Don't over-clutter a nude look. Keep it simple and clean.