This recipe that I am sharing, is a pass me down recipe from my mother-in-law and is a dish PS loves :) Has also become one of my favourite dishes after marriage. It’s simple and super easy to cook. Takes only about 10 to 15 minutes and is delicious!
• Sour Yogurt(whisked) - 1 bowl
• Potatoes(boiled) - 3-4 medium
• Salt to taste
• Red chilli powder - 1/2 teaspoon
• Turmeric powder - 1/4 teaspoon
• Oil - 2 teaspoons
• Fenugreek seeds - 1 teaspoon
• Peel and cut the boiled potatoes into about 8 pieces each
• Heat oil in a wok and add the fenugreek seeds and fry for about 10 seconds. Then add the potato pieces and fry for about a minute.
• Add turmeric powder and chilli powder and continue to fry for about 2 minutes.
• Add the whisked yoghurt to this and mix well. Keep stirring for about 2 to 3 minutes till the first boil comes.
• After that add upto 1/2 cup of water depending on how thick you want the gravy. Let it cook for a few minutes and then after the next boil add salt.
• Reduce the heat and let it boil one or two times more till the gravy is well cooked. Stir the gravy a few times to avoid clumping of the yoghurt.
• Turn off the heat and garnish if you want to with coriander
• Serve hot with paratha or steam rice.
Let me know if you tried the recipe and liked it! :)
I also have a food related discovery to share with you. Like me, in case you have no time to cook or don’t wanna head out to eat sometimes, then you have www.Foodpanda.in that can come to your rescue. Foodpanda has online menus from the staggering selection of delivery restaurants around you. Simply enter your post code and search for cuisine type, restaurants or even price range. The restaurant index also includes address and delivery hours. The website operates by delivering food from a wide range of restaurants to either homes and/or offices in 14 cities in India, namely Delhi, Gurgaon, Bangalore, Mumbai, Pune, etc. I have tried it a few times and I quite like it. Infact in my last experience, just at the time of payment my net crashed and they instantly called me to check whether I was having some issues and wanted to go ahead with the order or not. It also is updated with the food festivals and offers happening around your city. Ordering food has become easy, fast and definitely fun and the mascot panda is so cute!
If you like what you see on Ri(t)ch Styles and want to stay updated regularly, follow Ri(t)ch Styles on Facebook, Bloglovin and Twitter. You can also email me on firstname.lastname@example.org :)