Wanting to be taller is what a lot of us SHORT ones wish for and what comes to our rescue is heels :) But other than shoes helping us look and feel taller (which at times give me horrible aches), clothes worn the right way can also give the illusion of being taller. Let me tell you how:
- High wasted pants whether trousers or jeans makes your legs look longer. Same is the case with high waist skirts which are max up to the knees. They instantly seem to add height. But make sure you wear them with heels.
- Choose outfits with vertical stripes. Whether it is pants, skirts, dresses or suits, vertical stripes elongate the body along with giving you a slimmer look.
- Wearing V necks makes the neck appear longer thereby giving the illusion of a longer torso.
- At times select your clothes in monochromatic colors which is trying out a look in one colour. A top and bottom in the same colour or a long monochromatic evening gown creates a taller look. Doing it with a darker colour makes you look slimmer too.
- Do not wear extremely flared or bell bottom pants as they make you look shorter. Wear well fitting slim pants or skinny jeans as they make the legs appear longer.
- Wearing dangle/drop earrings and long neck pieces also works well as they add a touch of height.
So don't worry "Shorties" ;) , since we have such tips to help us, always appreciate your height and keep in mind the benefits that come from being short! ;)